The past few weeks have been extremely busy, and I have gotten quite a bit behind with my blogging. Here’s an update on our classroom activities for the past weeks–we have completed quite a few activities, including the following:
- We’ve been doing an intense grammar review. So far, we’ve worked on parts of the sentence, clauses, and sentence types. We’ve also reviewed verb tenses, punctuation, and pronoun forms. Finally, we have examined agreement and clear reference.
- Senior Project letters are in the fnal stages of revision. Final drafts of the letter to the mentor and the letter to the judges are due on Monday, April 21. These letters should use full left block business letter format. They should be edited carefully for correct grammar and spelling.
- Students are working on completing their Senior Project products. Many students have completed several hours already with their mentors. Senior Project products should be completed by May 1.
- Students have begun working on a poetry presentation in groups of three. The first set of presentations will be held tomorrow. Students have selected a poet and poem of their choice from the British literary anthology. They have written literary response journals, created handouts, and designed tests based on their poems. They have also developed oral and visual presentations to share with the class. Finally, they have written a group literary analysis essay.
- Laptops will be distributed tomorrow, April 15, at 6:00 p.m. in Moffat Auditorium. Parents must be present in order for students to receive their laptops. Once students have their laptops, we will begin developing our Senior Project presentations. This process will take us a few weeks, and then we will be ready to present the projects to the community on May 13. Parents and mentors are invited to attend the presentations.
There is more to come as I continue to update this blog.